For some people cowhide prints are an acquired taste, but they are missing out on a very versatile design element for any part of their home. Cowhide complements a modern décor just as much as a country western. The variety in colors and patterns makes it a favorite of interior decorators.
In particular, cowhide furniture can really add some sparkle to a space. Here are 3 ways cowhide furniture can complement any room:
Adds Some Need Texture
Cowhide furniture is generally a neat combination of cowhide print and leather adding some texture into the space. The softness of the cowhide print contrasts nicely with the smoother leather finish of the couch adding an interesting level to the design.
The added texture also enhances the comfort of the couch or chair. You will love snuggling up in it and reading your favorite book this winter. You can also get a couch or chair complete covered in cowhide which will give you even softer snuggling.
Brings the Sophisticated Level Up a Notch
There is just something about cowhide that looks and feels so elegant. If you are trying to create an elegant, sophistication space, then cowhide furniture can definitely up the ante for you. Add cowhide rugs as rugs or tapestries for the wall to make the space feel even more decadent. You will love sinking your feet into the soft texture of a cowhide rug.
Works with Any Style You Choose
Another great thing about cowhide furniture is that it works with so much more than just country western style décor. For instance, if you have a living room that is filled mostly with neutral colors on the walls and floor, think about how a cowhide leather couch could bring some pizzazz to the room. And if you love a more eclectic style, than it can even go well with more modern décor like glass and steel or a romantic theme. The richness of the patterns on the furniture and the variety of colors can really brighten up any room in your home.
No matter which type of theme you try to incorporate cowhide furniture into, just make sure you mix and match cowhide furniture subtly with other pieces so you don’t make the room feel too busy with so many patterns and colors swirling around.
Other Ways to Implement Cowhide into Your Decor
Cowhide rugs are another great way to implement cowhide into your home. The cowhide rug is a classic, timeless element that also brings a touch of luxury to any room. The soft thick cowhide feels wonderful against your skin and the richness of the texture and color brings elegance into the room. Imagine a reading chair and a cowhide rug tucked into the corner of your master bedroom or one laid out in front of the fire in the living room. You will feel like your home belongs on the cover of a magazine.
Cowhide rugs come in different shapes, sizes, colors and patterns. They come in black, white, brown and white, tri-color, brown-white and black, brindle and patchwork. For the adventurous, cowhide rugs can even be dyed a bright color like pink or one that is acid metallic washed. Imagine how cool your daughter’s bedroom will look with a bright pink dyed cowhide rug.
Here are some other ways to include cowhide in your home:
- Cowhide Pillows. If you are just looking for a cool accent piece, then cowhide pillows might be the ticket. Whether they are for the living room or den couches or your bed, these pillows are fun to look at, but because of their soft supple skin and fur, they are also very inviting. Go ahead you know you want to lay your head down on one. These are a great way to add a touch of country without overwhelming a space with it.
- Cowhide Lamps. Lighting is important in any room and the light fixtures you choose really adds to the ambience of the space. Try cowhide lamps in your living room or den for a unique look. You will love reading by its light late into the night. They can even bring some charm into the bedroom as bedside lamps. Who knew lamps could be so much fun?
- Cowhide Placemats. The kitchen might seem like an odd place for cowhide, but cowhide placemats can be a fun addition to any meal. If even you have a more modern kitchen, these placemats will only stand out in a good way. You can also use them in the dining room when you have guests over for a meal. They will appreciate the luxurious note the placemats bring to the table.
Cowhide furniture and rugs can be a big investment so it is important to make sure you get a quality pieces that will last for generations to come. Here are some tips for ensuring that you pick a quality cowhide:
- Know where the cowhide is coming from -- Experts agree that the highest quality cowhide come from Brazil, Argentina, Columbia and France so make sure you know where yours is coming from. Top manufacturers will use special chrome salts and oils in the tanning process for the highest quality and softest hides. Also look for companies that are against animal cruelty and who only use skins from cows who were raised for their meat and milk. It is important to look into the background of the company you are considering purchasing from.
- Test the quality of the cowhide -- There are different ways you can test the quality of the cowhide. If you purchase a cowhide rug, you can do the bunch test where you bunched the rug up and then let it fall out. High quality rugs will fall out naturally without any wrinkles. You can also do a smell test to see if it smells like genuine leather. Don’t worry you will be immediately able to tell the difference. You should also look at the coat. If it appears shiny and health then you probably have a good quality hide.
Because you are most likely going to order your cowhide pieces online, it is important to go with a company that has a good return policy. That way if you are not satisfied with the quality of the cowhide you can send it back.
For more information about cowhide furniture, rugs and other accessories, contact Cowhide Outlet today.